STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
At the Aveda Institutes Canada, our goal is to set up each and every student to be successful in their chosen program as well as in their personal lives and this means offering a variety of the best possible resources. We offer numerous support systems that help our students with everything from financial planning and assistance, to resources encompassing physical, emotional and mental well-being.
Student Support Program
The Aveda Institute and Academy is partnered with Morneau Shepell to provide all students with the My Student Support Program resource.
Attending college or university can be a wonderful and exciting life experience. It can also be a time of tremendous stress as you learn to navigate a new school, living away from home, making new friends, managing your finances, and more.
Let SSP help!
Take advantage of the Student Support Program (SSP), a confidential and voluntary support service available to you at any time, day or night.
Connect with a Student Support Advisor in English or French to talk about a variety of issues, including:
- Relationships with friends and family
- Being successful at school
- Stress, anxiety, sadness, loneliness
- Addictions and much more!
As a Student, you can now receive support:
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via phone or chat
- In English or French
- From Student Support Advisor that understand the challenges students face
- At no cost to you!
Your information is completely confidential within the limits of the law, so no one – including your family, friends, or professors – will ever know you used the program unless you choose to tell them.
Access support anytime, anywhere by:
- Downloading the free My SSP App. Through the app, you can start an instant chat with a Student Support Advisor (no appointment needed) or browse useful articles and videos made specifically for you. Search ‘My SSP’ from either the Apple App Store or Google Play and download today.
- Calling 1.855.649.8641 - Immediate or scheduled sessions available with a Student Support Advisor in English and French and at no cost to you! Ongoing support available via phone or video.
- Visiting www.mystudentsupport.com - Chat with an Advisor online or browse student-related resources, articles, videos and more.
Do yourself a favour and check out the SSP today!
Housing and Accommodation Support
There are SO many things to think about when it comes to moving to a new place: affordability, convenience, night life, arts and culture, restaurants, accessibility, and more! So if you're new in town, reach out to your Admissions Representative to help you get started with your search.
Whether you are looking to revamp a resume, wondering about job opportunities at local salons, or just looking for a part time side gig to give you a bit of extra spending money... we can help! Reach out to your Admissions Representative today!
Additional Resources and Supports
When it comes to providing student support, there is no one more well equipped than your Registrar! If you prefer to research alternative methods on your own, you can check out a list of community resources here to get you started.